Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blog Portfolio May

Coverage:


All the blogs I've written this semester:

Killing an Arab by the Cure

Idioms from Culture

This is War

The Illusion of Perfection

If this was my poetry exam, I would...

Commentary on "Wanda Why Aren't You Dead"

Depth:


Idioms from Culture

I think this blog, about Amiri Baraka's Expressive Language, provides some good thought about the class and the world. First I talked about Baraka's point of view (one I completely agree with), and sort of got my thoughts straight. As I wrote the blog, things became clearer and more developed. Then later at the end I connected it to my life, and then to the world. It gives me perspective, and I hope it gave others perspective as well.


Interaction:


The Illusion of Perfection

I think Elizabeth's comment on my post is a good reminder, for me at least, that people have different ideas about the same thing. She really questioned my interpretation, and I think that's a good thing. It made me question myself, and actually helped me realize why I thought the things I did.


Discussion:


Commentary on "Wanda Why Aren't You Dead?"


I like this post because I developed my thoughts in class with the help of my peers- as we talked about it in class I got new ideas and interpretations, some which I agreed with and some which I didn't. Later, writing this commentary, I added some other thoughts that grew as I was writing. It's kind of funny really- I kept seeing new things as I was looking over it- it seemed like it would never end. Also, this post helped me see what I needed to work on myself- the analysis of poems, as well as just the overall structure and way to go about writing commentaries.


Xenoblogging:


no such thing as absolute

I liked Julie's blog- she always manages to look at it while bringing in its context to the world. And this one really made me think. Like I said, it was a real "thought-provoker". I like to think I questioned her statement about what makes one special, as well as added some thoughts.


Wild Card:


Killing an Arab by the Cure

In this post I brought up a song that was about The Stranger by Albert Camus- and discussed its interpretation/relevance to the novel. I think this is what blogging is about- not merely discussing and talking about things in class but taking something from outside of class and seeing that people all around the world have done things like read The Stranger. Sometimes I think in class- all of my classes at school- we have a tendency to forget about its importance, or even about others out there in the world. Given that we are supposed to be "global citizens" and all, I find that slightly ironic. So it is with pleasure that I learn about something in class, and then realize that this something is well-known all around the world. I think that's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment