Thursday, December 9, 2010

Blog Portfolio Quarter 2

Coverage:


We Can't Think of Something That Doesn't Exist
  •  28/10/10

Children are so gullible
  •  1/11/10

Know What You're Fighting For
  •  7/11/10

A Backlash Against Women- in the novel and in our lives
  •  8/11/10

Love: Women's Bane
  • 21/11/10

Fiction is an Art
  •  22/11/10

Good vs. Bad
  • 29/11/10

Depth:


Love: Women's Bane

This is my semi-commentary on a passage, which I felt I discussed pretty well. I enjoyed talking about the literary elements and what they did to the excerpt, as well as the over-arching ideas. Also, I looked up other people's thoughts on love, which are quite... unique.

Interaction:

A Backlash Against Women

Although at first I merely blogged about the article Blame it on Feminism, I later went back and read other people's responses to the article. I found Julie's particularly thought-provoking, and so I added to my post in response to Julie's.

Discussion:


Know What You're Fighting For 


This blog started a good conversation about limitations on women, and spreading to the limitations on everyone in the world, and how this problem could be solved- or if it could. I found the comments fascinating, both the ones that agreed with me and the ones that didn't. I think I learned a lot and thought about things I usually don't think of.


Xenoblogging:


Nina's blog: Can we overcome the beauty myth?

Nina's blog was a great blog to comment on. She brought up a lot of ideas that I agreed and disagreed with. It's fun to debate and discuss questions that relate to novels from class and the real world. I brought up some new points, and relating them from one world to another.

Wild Card:


The Importance of Children

I came up with this idea that the dystopian novels produce when I was searching for my IOP- and I was seriously considering using this as my topic. However, I didn't, but I still felt that the importance of children deserved some kind of discussion, and so I was happy to blog about it. What I especially love was the connection from the novels to the present world, and also to my different classes. It is a good reminder that topics from one class can easily overlap with another, and how connected the world is.

No comments:

Post a Comment